Thursday, September 8, 2011

Make. This. Soon.

So I didn't invent this sammy and I'm pretty sure the place I ate it the first time in college didn't either but it is pure awesomeness.  Isn't it funny sometimes things you have had in restaurants you forget you can easily make at your own house for a mere fraction of the cost and actually probably taste better??  I am big for recreating dishes I like at home but for some reason food I eat at little cutsie places I don't realize I can make at home...I'm not a cutsie kind of cook, I guess.  Anyway--these ingredients are simple and fresh but when combined together create a flavor implosion in your mouth!  Now before summer completely leaves us, make a yummy, fresh lunch! 

What you need:
Your fave wheat bread (or any bread obviously)
Cream Cheese (I used lowfat organic-only because of my newfound health kick)
1/2 an avocado
Sprouts
Turkey (I also try to dream up the vegetarian equivelant of meals I make because I am intrigued by coming up with fun veggie meals bc my awesome neighbors are vegi-heads and I always worry about what they eat--SOOO I think this would be almost as awesome with Cucumber slices!! Now go and make it Debbie!)

Unless you are using a delicious crusty bread, I suggest toasting your bread for texture--no one likes a full out mush sandwich.  Then slather on some cream chease on one side.  A good balance--if your bread is really thick, you will need a tad more cheese but if its a regular slice--you get the point. 
Then slice up your avocado and layer deli meat on the top and add sprouts and/or cucumber. 
I didn't have sprouts or cucumber today but this was still the best lunch I have had in awhile!  I even had to make another stop today for more avocados so I can make this again tomorrow!! 
*Kid-Friendly! Paige LOVED the cream cheese on her sammy!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I have all these ingredients!! Woot woot! Will be having this for lunch today. Thanks Heather and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE sandwiches! Yum! We are going to try this.

    ReplyDelete