Thursday, September 15, 2011

Road Trip-Beaver Style

Its always so hard for me to write about trips on the blog, especially long ones because it is so overwhelming trying to talk about everything.  Someday-when I have a mini-laptop-maybe I will do daily posts and I won't be so overwhelmed!  Anyway, I will do my best to rehash our 8 day vacation to the Wild, Wild West!! 
Tyler's parents have fallen in love with the Jackson Hole area, which encompasses Wyoming, Idaho, Montana and who knows what else...but you get the point.  So they had a house rented for a month and we decided to crash their party for a week!  After checking out plane ticket prices and realizing we could travel around Europe for that kind of $$ we decided if we were going, it would be by Beaver SUV!!  This was a 21 hour commute from Beaver Mansion to Wild Wild West!  There was a 7+ month high maintenance momma, a beautiful, opinionated 2 year old girl and a daddy on a mission.  I always look on the bright side of things but I must admit, I was making bets with myself if Paige or I would have the first melt down in the car! 
The drive out started on a Friday at 5 and was loads of fun! We listened to music, Paige sang and we all chatted and munched on Dairy Queen!  We stopped just before Colorado to sleep and were off again the next morning to hit up Denver for some shopping and lunch!  I LOVE Denver--in fact, I love Colorado!  Beautiful weather, everyone is outdoors, stores all have out water bowls for their customers poochies and it reminds me so much of Europe! 
Daddy took a little too long in Starbucks so Paige decided to take a rest in the shade. 
Our next break was in Lander, WY and we fell in love with this sweet town!  I don't really know why?  We all just liked it.  I guess we were so happy to be out of the 115 degree weather that all it took was some cool air and we were happy campers (literally)! 
~A darling little coffee house we stumbled upon before zooming out of town!

We got back on the road the next morning and it was a breathtaking drive!  Our fave stop was actually so I could pee and we stumbled upon this beautiful stream/river?  Paige and her dad are obsessed with throwing rocks into water so they were uber impressed and entertained while I tried marking my territory on God's Country. 

 
 Before we knew it, we were in Jackson, WY!  We had a wonderful lunch at Sweetwater Cafe before meeting up with Tyler's parents!


We did lots of relaxing, eating, exploring, some shopping and just spending good quality time together!

 And of course...some monkeying around...

We then ventured into Yellowstone National Forest!!!  Somewhere I have always wanted to go!!  Paige LOVED the animals and the geyser's and so did we!!

 
 

 River flowing into Yellowstone Lake-GORGEOUS!!!
 (No animals were harmed-there is a strict policy to drive slow-this is their home and we were just visitors!)
We had a fantastic time and we so enjoyed the roadtrip!  We discussed baby names and family plans and even decided on some furniture for the house:)! 
I will leave you with one last photo...one of my all time favorites of Paige for some reason.  I so love when she looks this happy! 
"When you can do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."  George Washington Carver

1 comment:

  1. I really want to go to Jackson Hole, was it just gorgeous?!? Glad you guys had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete