Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Jesus Loves Me"

Having a toddler, particularly a girl can be quite interesting!  On one end of the spectrum, Paige is very obedient, kind, and thoughtful.  On the other, she can be so dramatic and be at the brink of a meltdown over the slightest thing!  We went to the park with some friends this morning and she was such a good girl!  Then we get home to get fresh drinks and leave again to run some father's day/wedding gift errands and she went into crisis mode.  I let her get it all out of her system before leaving and then she was perfectly fine again. 
Then when we got home from our errands it was time to wind down for naptime.  I usually lay with her for a few minutes since she has been in her "big girl bed" and she always babbles or sings the sweetest things.  Today it took her longer than usual to fall asleep and just as I was about to lose my mind laying there, in the softest voice I hear her singing:
"Jesus loves me yes I know, for the bible tells me so!"
She sang it over and over and it was the sweetest thing ever!  Definitely makes up for the meltdown this morning! 
During storytime today she was reading one of her Bert & Ernie books about opposites.  She loves Bert & Ernie right now and was very excited to share them with Oscar and Sista Baby.  As she crams the book in Oscar's face and onto my belly I can't help but laugh hysterically as she tries to show a blind dog and a baby who well, has a bunch of skin blocking its view right now! But how I love how she loves both of them so much and truly loves sharing her favorite things with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment