Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I thought I would share a few funnies that are the latest craze around here!  When Paige is upset (crying) I always say "OH NO!" in a dramatic tone I'm sure and then go check on her.  Well, a few days ago she started making her theatrical debut and when I won't pick her up on demand, she breaks out the crocodile tears and starts wandering through the house saying "OH NO!!!"  "OH NO!!"  "OH NO!!"  over and over!  It is one of the funniest things EVER!  If she really wants to put on the dog, she drags blankie with her! 

Wearing a combination of both of our headbands and dragging our suitcase around the house! 

Discipline time??!!  We do get onto Paige when she is doing something naughty...like standing on couches and chairs.  They are for sitting not taking nose dives into the hardwood!  Or when she decides to throw a fit.  Mainly we say no and then ignore her as to not promote that behavior!  But yesterday I made Paige and I chicken tacos for lunch.  Nothing fancy but lunch usually isn't a hot meal unless its turkey dogs or scrambled eggs.  So I thought my little eater would be excited!  Oh was she!  The second she got in her chair she started grabbing handfuls of her little tacos and throwing them as far as she could across the room!  You BETTER NOT be laughing!  :)  So I got her out of her seat, washed her hands and told her there would be NO lunch for her today!  Tyler thought that was kind of mean but clearly she wasn't hungry or she wouldn't have been acting like a heathen.  I almost gave in and fed her a nutrigrain bar or something and I thought, nope...I remember doing this sort of thing and having to leave the table and it really teaches you a lesson waiting for that next meal!  Sure enough, she was dancing around for dinner and sat like a very good girl and ate her ENTIRE meal! 

The crime scene...
So here's to hoping she doesn't do that for awhile and praying we always come up with a rational approach to parenting that teaches our daughter AND the strength not to laugh when she is being super naughty but it is oh so funny!!  The kid does have an arm on her though...

3 comments:

  1. Great job Heather! We always have to keep in mind that we are training our little ones for life not our or their momentary pleasure. Some days I remember that and some days I don't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I like that Tanda! I haven't thought about it that way! I am going to have to quote that on a post...and repeat it to myself EVERY morning! Its so easy to be in the day-to-day with toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather i'm SORRY but i'm dying laughing.. literally picturing her CHUNKING tacos everywhere as you're so proud of yourself for making them.... :)

    ReplyDelete