Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chicken Picatta

When I find something I really like to eat, I can go crazy with wanting to eat it everyday.  Especially when I was pregnant...I had to put in place massive rules with my Toaster Strudel addiction...no more than 3 per day, must eat with a side of fresh fruit...blah blah blah.  Anyway, I love Chicken Picatta from Cheesecake Factory!  I HAD to have it once I got my appetite back from the Black Plague then 2 days later then 2 days later.  Cheesecake Factory is pretty darn expensive!  In fact, eating out anywhere that often is expensive!  So I decided I better try to duplicate the recipe.  I made it today and it was WONDERFUL!!  Sorry Cheesecake Factory...

Ingredients

1 pound chicken breasts--I bought the Tyson thin breasts because I do not like to pound on chicken...yuck!
a few tablespoons butter
1 lemon
a few dashes of white wine vinegar or white wine if you have it on hand
italian seasoning, black pepper, sea salt-or regular salt
1/2 a jar of CAPERS! 
splash of heavy cream (1/4 of a cup)
angel hair pasta

Melt your butter in a pan, slice half your lemon in fine slices and throw in the pan.  Put your thin chicken breasts in and squeeze the other half of the lemon on top of your chicken.  Add your wine or wine vinegar. 

 Let cook on this side on med-med/low for about 6 minutes.  Then flip your breasts and add in several tablespoons of capers (about half a jar). I went ahead and covered it for the next 6 minutes just to be sure my chickies got all cooked!

Meanwhile, you should be getting your water boiling so you can drop the angel hair pasta!  It only takes 5 minutes!  I also chopped some broccoli and threw it in another pan with some pam, salt and pepper and a tiny squeeze out of my lemon.  Once your chicken has cooked 15 minutes it should be done so turn it down to low and add ina splash of heavy cream.  It only takes a tiny bit but I think it is essential to calm down the vinegar and lemon juice.  Serve your chicken over the angel hair and a drizzle of the yummy lemon sauce with plenty of capers and a side of crunchy broccoli!
Delicious!!  This will be a new regular around here!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment