Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome!








Welcome to my blog! Let's see...so many things going on right now. Well, I am 6 1/2 months pregnant so definitely the fun stage! I have lots of energy and well into the "nesting phase"! My poor family! No not just my husband, my mother in law, my father in law, my aunt and uncle, my brother and sister in law, friends...you get the point! I have turned into a tornado for projects! My husband and I live in a home built in 1955. It is the perfect family house but definitely needs/needed updating in every single room! Our floors, kitchen, dining room, one bedroom and 2 living rooms are completely done! Right now we have been working on the nursery, curtains and the hallway and master bedroom. The hall and master are the only rooms left with wallpaper. Luckily my husband is a self-taught master painter! We have a contractor working on removing the wallpaper and texturing the remaining rooms so Tyler can paint the walls, trim and molding over the next few weeks. Basically, the whole house will be complete besides the 3 bathrooms before our precious baby comes on our about August 23rd!! So back to her! It has been such a blast planning and choosing things for her room! I had a chair custom made with 4 shabby sheek fabrics and we get to pick it up on Saturday morning! It is what her room has been designed around! Her bed is ordered and it is an off white distressed wrought-iron canopy bed. We chose to paint her walls an antique brown so the pink doesn't get too overwhelming:) Tyler is finishing the painting tonight! Pictures to come in the near future as things start coming in and moved into her room!! I have found lots of accessories at antique shops and little boutiques so it doesn't end up looking like I bought a all-in-one kit. More pictures to come this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you having a blog!? UM PLEASE COME SHOW ME HOW TO HAVE A CUTE BLOG!!! lol everyone else does and i just don't know how to get around this thing yet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete